You’re curious, courageous and authentic. So are we.
What else do we have in common? You’re creative, strategic and results-driven. You’re a great communicator and a great collaborator. You do the right thing. Those are our values, too. Bottom line:
We’re dedicated to making a difference for our clients and the world at large – and having fun while we do it.
Shelton Group is the nation’s leading marketing communications agency exclusively focused in the energy and environment sectors. We’re the experts, and that’s reflected in our impressive and growing roster of clients.
We’ve built a highly creative team here in Knoxville, one that loves to work hard and laugh hard. And we sleep well at night knowing that we do good work: good for our clients, and good for the rest of us, too.
If you’re a dedicated professional who wants to advance your career in this rapidly growing and increasingly relevant sector – and you want to have fun while you’re doing it – Shelton Group just might be the place for you.
What can you expect if you come to work at Shelton Group? Take a look through our Orientation Guide to get a sense of our culture, what we care about, and what makes us laugh.
Shelton Group is the nation’s leading marketing communications firm exclusively dedicated to the sustainability sector. We help some of the most influential organizations on Earth gain a market advantage by doing the right thing for the planet. So how do we do it? By gathering rich market insights that help our clients make the right environmental and social purpose commitments, develop more environmentally friendly products, evolve what their brands stand for, and fuel the right stories and market engagement campaigns.
We are seeking a Copywriter who is a craftsman of thought and word with a passion for creating a sustainable future.
You are someone with brand marketing communications experience who can create strategic content for clients who want to make a sustainable future.
You’re always game for a good brainstorm and handy with a headline while at the same time a proficient business writer.
You must have a facility for precise, fast, powerful writing in various formats and a vision and understanding for applying copy across many platforms for maximum impact.
Specifically, you will:
- Create copy that motivates and inspires an audience to participate.
- Think conceptually and translate strategic marketing initiatives into informative, concise, and compelling copy solutions.
- Demonstrate impeccable writing, spelling, and grammar skills through long- and short-form copy.
- Work with the account team and creative development (CD) to handle the manner and tone in which the client wants to communicate.
- Synthesize information effectively.
- Complete projects on time.
- Participate in creative meetings and contribute to the development of concepts, creative execution, or offerings.
- 5-7 years of experience and a bachelor’s degree in Advertising/Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or related field preferred.
- Content strategy, strategic writing, and editing experience.
- Experience in sustainability space is highly desired.
- Exceptional verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
Bottom line, if you love to learn and are excited to work inside a growing agency that allows you to work with a range of skill sets and disciplines, then you may be our perfect match!
Are we describing you? Then get in touch! Please send your resume, cover letter highlighting your experience and fit for the job AND writing samples or a link to an online portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
- This position will require work to be performed onsite/in office at second floor location with no elevator access
- Requires sitting for long periods of time
- Requires frequent alpha/numeric keyboarding and navigation of basic software programs
- Requires effective and professional communications over the phone and in person
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, including but not limited to a computer screen, and the ability to adjust focus
- Requires occasional travel
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential job functions of this job. Office conditions and noise level is typical of most office environments with telephones, personal interruptions, and background noise.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Are you a freelancer looking to join a purpose for progress? Shelton Group is one of the nation’s leading marketing communications firms exclusively focused on the sustainability sector. Right now, we’re looking for top-notch freelancers that understand the language of sustainability to help us develop outstanding:
- Skilled/Seasoned Researcher with Qualitative or Quantitative experience
- Digital assets/campaigns
- Brand strategy
If you excel in any of these areas send us your resume and cover letter highlighting your experience and how you feel you could best contribute to our mission and purpose to email@example.com.