You’re curious, courageous and authentic. So are we.
What else do we have in common? You’re creative, strategic and results-driven. You’re a great communicator and a great collaborator. You do the right thing. Those are our values, too. Bottom line:
We’re dedicated to making a difference for our clients and the world at large – and having fun while we do it.
Shelton Group is the nation’s leading marketing communications agency exclusively focused in the energy and environment sectors. We’re the experts, and that’s reflected in our impressive and growing roster of clients.
We’ve built a highly creative team here in Knoxville, one that loves to work hard and laugh hard. And we sleep well at night knowing that we do good work: good for our clients, and good for the rest of us, too.
If you’re a dedicated professional who wants to advance your career in this rapidly growing and increasingly relevant sector – and you want to have fun while you’re doing it – Shelton Group just might be the place for you.
What can you expect if you come to work at Shelton Group? Take a look through our Orientation Guide to get a sense of our culture, what we care about, and what makes us laugh.
Use your marketing management powers for good.
Shelton Group is the nation’s leading marketing communications firm exclusively dedicated to the sustainability sector. We help some of the most powerful organizations on the planet gain a market advantage by doing the right thing for the planet. How do we do it? By gathering rich market insights that help our clients make the right environmental and social purpose commitments, develop more environmentally friendly products, evolve what their brands stand for, and fuel the right stories and market engagement campaigns.
The Account Supervisor, as a liaison between clients and the agency, will be accountable for owning the client relationship and running internal project execution. Reporting directly to the agency’s Account Director, you will be responsible for the day-to-day running of accounts and/or specific campaigns and projects. You will also be responsible for ensuring overall client satisfaction throughout the marketing strategy process and managing client relationships to generate repeat business.
In this position, you will coordinate between senior level account staff, along with a range of agency staff and outside partners in order to execute the details of all projects and campaigns. You are the owner of the internal execution plan and will be a part of a team accountable for hitting client financial goals.
You will work closely with clients and the internal team throughout project development and execution, contributing on both a strategic and tactical level, managing administrative and organizational work, and ensuring that the work is completed on time and on budget while meeting client and agency goals and expectations. Moreover, you must understand the clients’ business, brand, goals and their limitations – proactively detecting client needs and opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build strong internal and external relationships.
- Manage all projects and ensure all internal teams understand goals and have what they need to do the absolute best for our clients.
- Proactively identify and respond to client needs.
- Own the process, constantly thinking through ideas, opportunities and working with the VP Account Management, and/or other senior team members to ensure all work is on strategy.
- Independently manage client meetings and weekly status reports.
- Work with the Account Director(s) to intimately know the budget and scope of each client project and proactively manage expectations and agency AGI (Agency Gross Income). Secure approval of production estimates and oversee production budgets. You will ultimately be responsible for projecting budgets within 10% of actual AGI and managing projects to ensure that they are billed on budget.
- Accountable for organic AGI growth and hitting financial targets by writing and closing new scopes of work.
- Ability to meet financial forecasts by keeping in mind the AGI goal for the year on each client and proactively investigate and uncover new opportunities for the agency to organically grow the business.
- Ability to develop client-ready scopes of work and keep the client/team informed through status reports, conference reports, status meetings, face-to-face meetings and any other means necessary.
- Be fully prepared for meetings, have determined goals, agenda, outcomes, and handouts ahead of time.
- Participate in the initiation, presentation, and completion of value-added projects and initiatives.
- Create briefs that inspire great work; brief media, creative and research staff, and assist with the formulation of marketing strategies.
- Coordinate with agency research department to plan and execute all types of qualitative and quantitative studies.
- Coordinate with agency creative department to plan and execute all types of creative marketing assets; present creative work to clients for approval or modification.
- Monitor the profitability of accounts.
- Learn and understand your clients’ businesses inside and out. Become the expert.
- Be a positive force within the company. As you know, this is a crazy, hectic business. Sometimes we work long hours. Sometimes we push and push for a client to accept a brilliant idea and they turn it down. Sometimes we lose out on big new business deals that we really wanted and spent months pursuing. You will be called on to help remotivate your peers and keep a positive outlook.
- To go at it 100% every day by keeping the client and other colleagues satisfied. Bring your best to work every day and put your heart and soul into all that you do.
- All other duties assigned by supervisor or otherwise directed by the Company.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or marketing-related studies
- 5+ years of Account Management experience in an advertising agency working and managing creative, research and production teams
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated leadership, with minimum of 1 year experience managing and/or mentoring a junior account staff member
- Experience estimating, tracking and managing multi-phase projects and budgets
- Exceptional time management, attention to detail, proofreading and organizational skills
- Experience in assisting with the development of client presentations
- Demonstrated experience in handling multiple projects and working well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office for Mac
Bottom line, if you enjoy working at a fast pace and solving clients’ problems … if you love thinking strategically and seeing beyond the numbers to the clients’ real threats and opportunities … if you love to learn and are excited to work inside a growing agency that gives you the opportunity to work with a range of skillsets and disciplines, then you may be our perfect match! Please send your resume and cover letter highlighting your experience and fit for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you see stories in the numbers?
Location: Knoxville, TN
Do you love data? Do you love simplifying the story? We’re looking for someone with a data-driven skill set who can also reach beyond the numbers themselves to understand what they really mean.. You’ll analyze primary and secondary data, of course. But this data will often represent one important piece of a larger set of data that includes both quantitative and qualitative findings. In our research department, our biggest goal is to tell stories, and we believe the numbers are a big part of that.
Specifically, we’re looking for someone who …
- Collaborates well with internal team members in research and enjoys bouncing around ideas
- Likes “nerding out” over numbers
- Has the experience required to:
- Manage sampling methodology
- Support online survey programming
- Experience with SPSS or other statistical packages required
- Produce overall summary tables and cross-tabulations for quantitative studies and use them well – correctly interpreting significance and utilizing indexing
- Conduct and interpret conjoint analysis as well as other statistical methods, e.g. factor analysis, regression, cluster analysis, etc
- Analyze and summarize consumer data – exploring geographic, demographic, firmographic and product/service usage patterns (experience utilizing Tableau would be ideal)
- Contributes to the research by creating clear tables, graphs and infographics; the numbers don’t mean much if they aren’t presented in interesting, clear, informative ways
- Presents research effectively to audiences in person and via WebEx
- 2+ years of experience in market research analysis or related field required
- Undergraduate degree
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Are you a freelancer looking to join a purpose for progress? Shelton Group is one of the nation’s leading marketing communications firms exclusively focused on the sustainability sector. Right now, we’re looking for top-notch freelancers that understand the language of sustainability to help us develop outstanding:
- Digital assets/campaigns
- Brand strategy
If you excel in any of these areas send us your resume and cover letter highlighting your experience and how you feel you could best contribute to our mission and purpose to firstname.lastname@example.org.