You’re curious, courageous and authentic. So are we.
What else do we have in common? You’re creative, strategic and results-driven. You’re a great communicator and a great collaborator. You do the right thing. Those are our values, too. Bottom line:
We’re dedicated to making a difference for our clients and the world at large – and having fun while we do it.
Shelton Group is the nation’s leading marketing communications agency exclusively focused in the energy and environment sectors. We’re the experts, and that’s reflected in our impressive and growing roster of clients.
We’ve built a highly creative team here in Knoxville, one that loves to work hard and laugh hard. And we sleep well at night knowing that we do good work: good for our clients, and good for the rest of us, too.
If you’re a dedicated professional who wants to advance your career in this rapidly growing and increasingly relevant sector – and you want to have fun while you’re doing it – Shelton Group just might be the place for you.
What can you expect if you come to work at Shelton Group? Take a look through our Orientation Guide to get a sense of our culture, what we care about, and what makes us laugh.
Use your WordPress powers for good.
Are you a one-person WordPress development powerhouse? Then we need you to service and build websites and digital experiences for our agency and clients.
Shelton Group is the nation’s leading marketing communications firm exclusively dedicated to the sustainability sector. We help some of the most powerful organizations on the planet gain a market advantage by doing the right thing for the planet. How do we do it? By gathering rich market insights that help our clients make the right environmental and social purpose commitments, develop more environmentally friendly products, evolve what their brands stand for, and fuel the right stories and market engagement campaigns.
We are looking for an experienced WordPress Developer to join our team. The position is a 6-month temporary employee arrangement with the opportunity to transition to regular full time employee status.
Duties and responsibilities
- Own all technical responsibilities of developing stellar wordpress websites/microsites for Shelton Group and our clients.
- Work with designers, copywriters, account managers, and the digital director to plan, build, and execute modern responsive websites and digital experiences
- Communicate with internal and external clients in a way that demonstrates technical acumen and builds confidence and trust.
- Find problems and fix them.
- Maintain and update the Shelton Group and client websites
- Bring best practices and creative solutions to every project
- 5+ years experience coding WordPress websites.
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Familiarity with common plugins, addons, and themes for WordPress
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout (from Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop or Sketch) and wireframes (from moqups or similar) into working HTML pages
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development
- Experience working with page builders like Divi and Beaver Builder
- Knowledge of web analytics tools, particularly the Google Analytics suite (Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google Tag Manager)
Bonus points for:
- UX/UI Design competencies – If you are a designer on top of being a first-class developer, you move to the front of the line.
- Development for marketing automation platforms like HubSpot and Pardot along with email suites like Mailchimp.
- HTML and animated banner/ad development.
- Understanding of marketing tactics, strategies and best practices.
Local Candidates Only – Knoxville, TN area.
Please send your resume and cover letter including portfolio websites to email@example.com.
Are you a freelancer looking to join a purpose for progress? Shelton Group is one of the nation’s leading marketing communications firms exclusively focused on the sustainability sector. Right now, we’re looking for top-notch freelancers that understand the language of sustainability to help us develop outstanding:
- Digital assets/campaigns
- Brand strategy
If you excel in any of these areas send us your resume and cover letter highlighting your experience and how you feel you could best contribute to our mission and purpose to firstname.lastname@example.org.