You’re curious, courageous and authentic. So are we.
What else do we have in common?
You’re creative, strategic and results-driven. You’re a great communicator and a great collaborator. You do the right thing. Those are our values, too. Bottom line:
We’re dedicated to making a difference for our clients and the world at large – and having fun while we do it.
Shelton Group is the nation’s leading marketing communications agency exclusively focused in the energy and environment sectors. We’re the experts, and that’s reflected in our impressive and growing roster of clients.
We’ve built a highly creative team here in Knoxville, one that loves to work hard and laugh hard. And we sleep well at night knowing that we do good work: good for our clients, and good for the rest of us, too.
If you’re a dedicated professional who wants to advance your career in this rapidly growing and increasingly relevant sector – and you want to have fun while you’re doing it – Shelton Group just might be the place for you.
What can you expect if you come to work at Shelton Group? Take a look through our Orientation Guide to get a sense of our culture, what we care about, and what makes us laugh.
Director of Market Research
Use your market research powers for good
Location: Knoxville, TN
Shelton Group is the nation’s leading marketing communications firm exclusively dedicated to the sustainability sector. We help some of the most powerful organizations on the planet gain a market advantage by doing the right thing for the planet. How do we do it? By gathering rich market insights that help our clients make the right environmental and social purpose commitments, develop more environmentally friendly products, evolve what their brands stand for, and fuel the right stories and market engagement campaigns.
The Director of Market Research will be responsible for designing and managing research projects, working closely with other members of our research team throughout the process. The person in this role will help us identify actionable insights and tease out the story in the numbers. He or she will also be responsible for ensuring overall client satisfaction throughout the research process and managing client relationships to generate repeat business.
We’re looking for a seasoned market researcher who:
- Is passionate about rigorous research that ranges from ethnography to conjoint, with deep experience on the quantitative side of market research
- Is methodologically agnostic
- Sees beyond simple percentages and significant differences to what the data means – the story behind it
- Makes insights actionable for our clients, whether for product development, marketing strategy-building or creative campaign development
- Collaborates well with internal team members in research, creative and account services
- Has mastered the entire research process and enjoys sharing research knowledge and skills to develop talent on the research team and inspire members of other departments
- Truly shares our passion for storytelling, creating synthesized, visually compelling presentations incorporating clear tables, graphs and infographics
Specifically, we’re looking for someone who has:
- 10+ years of deep research and project management experience nationally and internationally (supplier-side desired)
- Outstanding track record of teamwork
- Expertise in designing and conducting a broad range of market research methods, with a passion for writing sharp questionnaires
- A very strong statistical background
- Demonstrated experience leading clients in at least one of the following industries: energy, built environment, nonprofit/NGOs, consumer packaged goods
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Dynamic presentation skills that show your passion for the power of insights, both in person and via WebEx
Bottom line, if you enjoy working at a fast pace and solving clients’ problems with primary research … if you love thinking strategically and seeing beyond the numbers to the clients’ real threats and opportunities … if you love to learn and are excited to work inside a growing agency that gives you the opportunity to work with a range of skillsets and disciplines, then you may be our perfect match!
Please send your resume and cover letter highlighting your experience and fit for the job to email@example.com.
Senior Strategic Writer
Location: Knoxville, TN
Shelton Group seeks a strategic craftsman of thought and word with a passion for creating a sustainable future.
You are someone with brand marketing communications experience that can guide strategy and content for clients who want to make a sustainable future. In addition, you will be responsible for strategy, content development and output, and oversight of the writing team.
You’re an experienced, proficient business writer and relationship manager who, in partnership with the Shelton Group Leadership Team, will serve as a strategic liaison among clients, the account team and the creative team.
You must have a facility for clear, fast, powerful writing in a variety of formats, and a vision and understanding for applying writing across a multitude of platforms for maximum impact.
Specifically, you are…
- Have a point of view and vision for how to connect key business themes across multiple marketing materials.
- Think past just the content and focus on the best channel for dissemination, whether it’s video, digital or traditional printed marketing materials.
- Are a quick study in absorbing the particulars of our clients’ businesses. You may be handling multiple clients and themes daily.
- Must be an English-to-English translator who can process corporate-speak into normal language – striping away jargon without “dumbing down” or obscuring nuance. You should have a journalist’s ear and a marketer’s flair for finding the provocative or memorable element in an otherwise ordinary message.
- Think visually and collaborate effectively with people, so you can turn out work that reflects everyone’s talent. You will be closely working with the creative members on all projects.
- Will need whatever organizational skills you have developed that will help you keep multiple, simultaneous projects on track. A typical workload involves a mix of long-term projects and quick-turn client needs.
Competencies and skills:
- Shape a culture of respect and integrity, influence others to do their best work.
- Partner with the Shelton Group Leadership Team to lead strategic change initiatives.
- Communicate clear, progressive direction.
- Foster respect and collaboration within the team and/or agency partners.
- 10+ years of experience with a bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or related field preferred.
- Outstanding content strategy, strategic writing and editing experience.
- Understanding of marketing communications best practices for professional services organizations.
- Experience in sustainability space is highly desired.
- Exceptional verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
Are we describing you? Then get in touch! Send your resume and cover letter highlighting your experience and how you fit the job to firstname.lastname@example.org.