You’re curious, courageous and authentic. So are we.
What else do we have in common?
You’re creative, strategic and results-driven. You’re a great communicator and a great collaborator. You do the right thing. Those are our values, too. Bottom line:
We’re dedicated to making a difference for our clients and the world at large – and having fun while we do it.
Shelton Group is the nation’s leading marketing communications agency exclusively focused in the energy and environment sectors. We’re the experts, and that’s reflected in our impressive and growing roster of clients.
We’ve built a highly creative team here in Knoxville, one that loves to work hard and laugh hard. And we sleep well at night knowing that we do good work: good for our clients, and good for the rest of us, too.
If you’re a dedicated professional who wants to advance your career in this rapidly growing and increasingly relevant sector – and you want to have fun while you’re doing it – Shelton Group just might be the place for you.
Associate Creative Director
This is your craft. This is your heart.
Location: Knoxville, TN
We’re looking for a creative craftsman – you start with a vision, you value quality over quantity, and when you describe your work, your passion is contagious. Whether writing or design is your first love, you’re well rounded.
In this position, you’ll assist the VP of Creative with every aspect of completing creative projects, bringing conceptual and technical skills to the table as our team brainstorms campaigns and executes digital, video and print materials.
We’ll be looking to you to take a leadership role – helping the VP inspire and support greater creativity and productivity from our team, providing the team direction and feedback on your assigned projects, and collaborating with account executives to recommend the best communications strategies and tactics to meet client goals.
Specifically, you are…
- A seasoned advertising professional with 10 or more years’ experience – at least some of that experience is with national and/or international clients
- Authentic, visionary and thoughtful
- An effective communicator in words and graphics
- Skilled across conceptual and technical disciplines
- Familiar with digital strategies/best practices
- Thinking about work processes and how to improve them
- Experienced in making strategic and tactical recommendations for clients
- Interested in leading a variety of creative types, includes writers and graphic and digital designers
- Happy to collaborate within and outside the Creative Department
- An engaging presenter
- Provide concepts for projects/campaigns to meet approved strategic marketing objectives
- Work closely with account services as a liaison to the Creative Department, helping the creative department sell their best marketing solutions to account executives and clients
- Work directly with the traffic manager to schedule jobs
- Manage the Creative Department’s day-to-day operations
- Attend creative input meetings as needed
- Make recommendations to the VP for creative positions and freelance services
- Help fulfill creative execution as needed, which requires working knowledge of a variety of software programs
- Represent the agency at creative/professional/civic functions
Are we describing you? Then get in touch! Send your resume and cover letter highlighting your experience and how you fit the job to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Account Director
Help us see the forest and the trees. And help them grow in a cleaner world.
Location: Knoxville, TN
The senior account director must be equally adept at seeing the big picture and understanding the details as he or she leads strategic marketing communications efforts and oversees execution. The goal: to ensure high-quality work that exceeds client expectations, generates results and opens up new opportunities for our agency. Specifically, we’re looking for someone who …
- Has the ability and confidence to make smart decisions in real time, when managing multiple accounts at once
- Has a clear understanding of today’s marketing and communications business and a keen sense of entrepreneurship
- Can instill confidence in our clients via expertise and positive interactions, and can both grow and maintain healthy relationships with them
- Demonstrates the ability to help develop and own each client’s marketing strategy, defining what success looks like – and effectively steering projects toward that goal
- Has proven experience directing and mentoring a team of account/project managers
- Demonstrates proficient knowledge and management of financial projections
- Has excellent verbal and written communications skills, a lot of good old-fashioned common sense, a good head for business and at least a four-year degree in marketing or business
- Believes in the importance of deadlines
- Can proactively identify needs and propose new projects for each client, and expand relationships within clients’ organizations, and so organically grow our business
Experience with B2B marketing, building products, energy efficiency and/or environmental sustainability is a plus.
Does this describe you? Yes? Then send your resume and cover letter highlighting your experience and how you fit the job to email@example.com.