You’re curious, courageous and authentic. So are we.
What else do we have in common?
You’re creative, strategic and results-driven. You’re a great communicator and a great collaborator. You do the right thing. Those are our values, too. Bottom line:
We’re dedicated to making a difference for our clients and the world at large – and having fun while we do it.
Shelton Group is the nation’s leading marketing communications agency exclusively focused in the energy and environment sectors. We’re the experts, and that’s reflected in our impressive and growing roster of clients.
We’ve built a highly creative team here in Knoxville, one that loves to work hard and laugh hard. And we sleep well at night knowing that we do good work: good for our clients, and good for the rest of us, too.
If you’re a dedicated professional who wants to advance your career in this rapidly growing and increasingly relevant sector – and you want to have fun while you’re doing it – Shelton Group just might be the place for you.
What can you expect if you come to work at Shelton Group? Take a look through our Orientation Guide to get a sense of our culture, what we care about, and what makes us laugh.
Digital Marketing Director
Digital strategy, savvy and supervision
The Digital Marketing Director is responsible for directing digital strategy and supervising digital creative executions for both our clients and our own agency initiatives. This person will be able to quickly wrap his or her brain around what we’re doing for each client in the digital space, and why we’re doing it, in order to help us keep the big picture in front of us throughout the process and execute on it accurately, on time and on budget.
Someone in this role will …
- Lead ideas for digital strategy and execution, including websites, apps, digital advertising, social media, email campaigns, content marketing and more (includes developing/executing media plans)
- Collaborate with internal and external resources to ensure on-time, on-spec and on-budget delivery of digital products
- Manage digital analytics reporting and ensure that key stakeholders are fully informed of progress and performance
- Assist in pricing and scheduling more complex digital products and projects
- Represent Shelton Group to clients
- Play a central role in agency digital marketing initiatives, assist with developing new client leads, and participate in business presentations
The skills and competencies we’re looking for include …
- Strong understanding of the latest digital marketing tactics, channels and technologies, and how to apply them
- Ability to develop fully integrated digital marketing plans, with the added knowledge of customer engagement strategy
- Familiarity with web design and user experience best practices
- Management of technical development teams, both in-house and outsourced
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to gracefully, independently handle multiple tasks, consistently meeting deadlines with accurate and detailed results
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, people management and team skills, ability to collaborate and build productive working relationships with partners, management and staff
- Experience managing direct reports
- Ability to program and able to direct and work alongside developers working in WordPress and other website platforms
- Must know WordPress and how to work with clients that don’t have a basic understanding
- Able to develop and translate Google analytics and other various digital metrics and reporting
- Understands and able to implement marketing automation/lead nurture campaigns
- SEO/SEM expertise
An applicant’s education and experience in a nutshell looks something like …
- 5+ years in digital marketing, some agency experience preferred
- 2+ years in managerial role
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, communications or a related field
Does this describe you? Yes? Then send your resume and cover letter highlighting your experience and how you fit the job to email@example.com.