Use your marketing management powers for good.
Shelton Group is the nation’s leading marketing communications firm exclusively dedicated to the sustainability sector. We help some of the most powerful organizations on the planet gain a market advantage by doing the right thing for the planet. How do we do it? By gathering rich market insights that help our clients make the right environmental and social purpose commitments, develop more environmentally friendly products, evolve what their brands stand for, and fuel the right stories and market engagement campaigns.
The Account Supervisor, as a liaison between clients and the agency, will be accountable for owning the client relationship and running internal project execution. Reporting directly to the VP, Account Management, you will be responsible for the day-to-day running of accounts and/or specific campaigns and projects. You will also be responsible for ensuring overall client satisfaction throughout the marketing strategy process and managing client relationships to generate repeat business.
In this position, you will coordinate between the VP, Account Management, along with a range of agency staff and outside partners in order to execute the details of all projects and campaigns. You are the owner of the internal execution plan and will be a part of a team accountable for hitting client financial goals.
You will work closely with clients and the internal team throughout project development and execution, contributing on both a strategic and tactical level, managing administrative and organizational work, and ensuring that the work is completed on time and on budget while meeting client and agency goals and expectations. Moreover, you must understand the clients’ business, brand, goals and their limitations – proactively detecting client needs and opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build strong internal and external relationships.
- Manage all projects and ensure all internal teams understand goals and have what they need to do the absolute best for our clients.
- Proactively identify and respond to client needs.
- Own the process, constantly thinking through ideas, opportunities and working with the VP Account Management, and/or other senior team members to ensure all work is on strategy.
- Independently manage client meetings and weekly status reports.
- Work with the Account Director(s) to intimately know the budget and scope of each client project and proactively manage expectations and agency AGI (Agency Gross Income). Secure approval of production estimates and oversee production budgets. You will ultimately be responsible for projecting budgets within 10% of actual AGI and managing projects to ensure that they are billed on budget.
- Accountable for organic AGI growth and hitting financial targets by writing and closing new scopes of work.
- Ability to meet financial forecasts by keeping in mind the AGI goal for the year on each client and proactively investigate and uncover new opportunities for the agency to organically grow the business.
- Ability to develop client-ready scopes of work and keep the client/team informed through status reports, conference reports, status meetings, face-to-face meetings and any other means necessary.
- Be fully prepared for meetings, have determined goals, agenda, outcomes, and handouts ahead of time.
- Participate in the initiation, presentation, and completion of value-added projects and initiatives.
- Create briefs that inspire great work; brief media, creative and research staff, and assist with the formulation of marketing strategies.
- Coordinate with agency research department to plan and execute all types of qualitative and quantitative studies.
- Coordinate with agency creative department to plan and execute all types of creative marketing assets; present creative work to clients for approval or modification.
- Monitor the profitability of accounts.
- Learn and understand your clients’ businesses inside and out. Become the expert.
- Be a positive force within the company. As you know, this is a crazy, hectic business. Sometimes we work long hours. Sometimes we push and push for a client to accept a brilliant idea and they turn it down. Sometimes we lose out on big new business deals that we really wanted and spent months pursuing. You will be called on to help remotivate your peers and keep a positive outlook.
- To go at it 100% every day by keeping the client and other colleagues satisfied. Bring your best to work every day and put your heart and soul into all that you do.
- All other duties assigned by supervisor or otherwise directed by the Company.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or marketing-related studies
- 5+ years of Account Management experience in an advertising agency working and managing creative, research and production teams
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated leadership, with minimum of 1 year experience managing and/or mentoring a junior account staff member
- Experience estimating, tracking and managing multi-phase projects and budgets
- Exceptional time management, attention to detail, proofreading and organizational skills
- Experience in assisting with the development of client presentations
- Demonstrated experience in handling multiple projects and working well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office for Mac
Please send your resume and cover letter highlighting your experience and fit for the job to [email protected]