You’re curious, courageous and authentic.
What else do we have in common?
You’re creative, strategic and results-driven. You’re a great communicator and a great collaborator. You do the right thing. Those are our values, too. Bottom line:
We’re dedicated to making a difference for our clients and the world at large – and having fun while we do it.
Shelton Group is the nation’s leading marketing communications agency exclusively focused in the energy and environmental sectors. We’re the experts, and that’s reflected in our impressive and growing roster of clients.
We’ve built a highly creative team here in Knoxville, one that loves to work hard and laugh hard. And we sleep well at night knowing that we do good work: good for our clients, and good for the rest of us, too.
If you’re a dedicated professional who wants to advance your career in this rapidly growing and increasingly relevant sector – and you want to have fun while you’re doing it – Shelton Group just might be the place for you.
VP Account Management
Lead Account Management. Help the planet. All in a day’s work.
At Shelton Group, we imagine a world where every home and building is energy responsible and sustainability is ordinary. To turn that vision into reality, we work as the marketing “pit crew” for the organizations that are creating that responsible, sustainable future we imagine. That means we craft emotionally powerful sustainability storytelling platforms, engage people in meaningful behavior change, and market products and services on behalf of our clients that reduce waste, energy and water consumption. We work with clients all over North America from our offices in Knoxville, TN.
We’re growing and expanding, and we’re looking for a strong client team leader to help us take our relationships with clients even deeper, and create more opportunities for us to do what we do best. Specifically, we’re looking for someone who:
- Is naturally “for” clients – their biggest fan.
- But also firm – not willing to be run over.
- Is a sharp self-starter and comfortable working with a healthy level of ambiguity.
- Is capable of bringing order to what some people may view as chaos.
- Is a solutions-driven individual capable of seeing the big picture without losing sight of details.
- Has a 10+ year track-record of working with clients in an agency setting, generating measurable results for the clients and the agency, and building the careers of direct reports.
- Has proven experience in motivating, empowering and coaching a team to do its best work.
- Has excellent verbal and written communications skills, a lot of good old-fashioned common sense, a good head for business and at least a four-year degree, preferably in marketing, communications or business. An MBA is preferable.
- Has a clear understanding of today’s marketing and communications business and a keen sense of entrepreneurship.
- Experience with B2B marketing, building products, energy efficiency and/or environmental sustainability is a plus.
If this sounds like you, please send your resume and cover letter highlighting your experience and fit for the job to Glen Vesser at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Account Director
Help us see the forest and the trees. And help them grow in a cleaner world.
The senior account director must be equally adept at seeing the big picture and understanding the details as he or she leads strategic marketing communications efforts and oversees execution. The goal: to ensure high-quality work that exceeds client expectations, generates results and opens up new opportunities for our agency.
Specifically, we’re looking for someone who …
- Has the ability and confidence to make smart decisions in real time, when managing multiple accounts at once
- Has a clear understanding of today’s marketing and communications business and a keen sense of entrepreneurship
- Can instill confidence in our clients via expertise and positive interactions, and can both grow and maintain healthy relationships with them
- Demonstrates the ability to help develop and own each client’s marketing strategy, defining what success looks like – and effectively steering projects toward that goal
- Has proven experience directing and mentoring a team of account/project managers
- Demonstrates proficient knowledge and management of financial projections
- Has excellent verbal and written communications skills, a lot of good old-fashioned common sense, a good head for business and at least a four-year degree in marketing or business
- Believes in the importance of deadlines
- Can proactively identify needs and propose new projects for each client, and expand relationships within clients’ organizations, and so organically grow our business
Experience with B2B marketing, building products, energy efficiency and/or environmental sustainability is a plus.
Does this describe you? Yes? Then send your resume and cover letter highlighting your experience and how you fit the job to Glen Vesser at email@example.com.
Digital Content Strategist/Vendor Relations
Craft. Coordinate. Collaborate.
The primary responsibility of this position is to craft strategy and lead content creation for digital media campaigns. On a day-to-day basis, responsibilities include creating editorial calendars, managing social media accounts, setting up and managing email campaigns, analyzing results, and developing analytics reports to help us optimize campaigns. In addition, this person will create and maintain relationships with a range of digital media vendors and networks, develop media plans, and present media proposals.
Specifically, we’re looking for someone who …
- Thinks strategically
- Can not only analyze results and generate reports, but also make smart recommendations to optimize campaigns and maximize budgets
- Can comfortably and professionally grow relationships and collaborate with digital media vendors
- Works well with the creative team to ensure they use digital best practices in the creation of all email and content marketing materials
- Has at least 2 years demonstrated experience in a similar role
- Experience working on a creative services team is preferred
- Familiarity with digital advertising networks, SEO, SEM, web analytics tools (i.e., Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager), email marketing software (i.e., ActiveCampaign), and content management systems (i.e., WordPress) is preferred
If digital content strategy is your thing, then email your resume and cover letter to Glen Vesser at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Marketing Research Analyst/Contractor
Can you find the stories hiding in the data?
We’re looking for someone who can design, manage and analyze primary and secondary, quantitative and qualitative research projects. That requires skill with numbers, of course, and also critical thinking. The end goal for someone in this position is to go beyond simple percentages and significant differences to pull out the story of what the data “means” and make recommendations on what the client should do based on the results.
Specifically, we’re looking for someone who …
- Collaborates well with the client and internal team members in research, strategy and account service to brainstorm and recommend the best methods for meeting research needs
- Has international research experience
- Has the knowledge and experience to design and analyze primary quantitative and qualitative research studies and conduct secondary analysis of existing literature, case studies, market trends and social media content
- Is skilled in quantitative analysis and has the experience required to:
- Recommend sampling methodology
- Design methodologically sound survey instruments
- Support online survey programming
- Oversee, validate and (perhaps in a pinch) directly produce cross-tabulations for quantitative studies … and then use them well, correctly interpreting significance and utilizing indexing
- Evaluate and recommend appropriate statistical methods, being familiar with Chi Square, Pearson’s correlation, T-tests, Z-tests, ANOVA, factor, regression and cluster analysis, along with conjoint/discrete choice methods such as logit and Hierarchical Bayes (direct experience with Sawtooth’s CBC and HB conjoint analysis software would be ideal)
- Analyze and summarize customer data – exploring geographic, demographic, firmographic and product/service usage patterns (experience utilizing Tableau would be ideal)
- Is skilled at designing one-on-one interview, focus group and ethnography guides as well as analyzing, summarizing and interpreting qualitative results.
- Is skilled at creating segments, targeting profiles and personas based on both qualitative and quantitative data
- Can frame results in a way that makes them actionable – useful for product development, marketing communications and creative campaign development
- Is a perfectionist – someone who craves accuracy and is highly attentive to details
- Creates synthesized, visually compelling PowerPoint presentations (incorporating clear tables, graphs and infographics)
- Presents research effectively to audiences in person and via WebEx
- Has 10+ years of experience in market research design and analysis, plus a Master’s degree or higher
Relocation is negotiable, and we’re open to a contractual relationship. Please send your resume and cover letter highlighting your experience and fit for the job to Glen Vesser at email@example.com.
- Mike Twardy
- Senior Account Executive
- Jeremy Parker
- Digital Designer