You’re curious, courageous and authentic.
What else do we have in common?
You’re creative, strategic and results-driven. You’re a great communicator and a great collaborator. You do the right thing. Those are our values, too. Bottom line:
We’re dedicated to making a difference for our clients and the world at large – and having fun while we do it.
Shelton Group is the nation’s leading marketing communications agency exclusively focused in the energy and environmental sectors. We’re the experts, and that’s reflected in our impressive and growing roster of clients.
We’ve built a highly creative team here in Knoxville, one that loves to work hard and laugh hard. And we sleep well at night knowing that we do good work: good for our clients, and good for the rest of us, too.
If you’re a dedicated professional who wants to advance your career in this rapidly growing and increasingly relevant sector – and you want to have fun while you’re doing it – Shelton Group just might be the place for you.
VP Account Management
Lead Account Management. Help the planet. All in a day’s work.
At Shelton Group, we imagine a world where every home and building is energy responsible and sustainability is ordinary. To turn that vision into reality, we work as the marketing “pit crew” for the organizations that are creating that responsible, sustainable future we imagine. That means we craft emotionally powerful sustainability storytelling platforms, engage people in meaningful behavior change, and market products and services on behalf of our clients that reduce waste, energy and water consumption. We work with clients all over North America from our offices in Knoxville, TN.
We’re growing and expanding, and we’re looking for a strong client team leader to help us take our relationships with clients even deeper, and create more opportunities for us to do what we do best. Specifically, we’re looking for someone who:
- Is naturally “for” clients – their biggest fan.
- But also firm – not willing to be run over.
- Is a sharp self-starter and comfortable working with a healthy level of ambiguity.
- Is capable of bringing order to what some people may view as chaos.
- Is a solutions-driven individual capable of seeing the big picture without losing sight of details.
- Has a 10+ year track-record of working with clients in an agency setting, generating measurable results for the clients and the agency, and building the careers of direct reports.
- Has proven experience in motivating, empowering and coaching a team to do its best work.
- Has excellent verbal and written communications skills, a lot of good old-fashioned common sense, a good head for business and at least a four-year degree, preferably in marketing, communications or business. An MBA is preferable.
- Has a clear understanding of today’s marketing and communications business and a keen sense of entrepreneurship.
- Experience with B2B marketing, building products, energy efficiency and/or environmental sustainability is a plus.
If this sounds like you, please send your resume and cover letter highlighting your experience and fit for the job to Glen Vesser at email@example.com.
Senior Account Director
Help us see the forest and the trees. And help them grow in a cleaner world.
The senior account director must be equally adept at seeing the big picture and understanding the details as he or she leads strategic marketing communications efforts and oversees execution. The goal: to ensure high-quality work that exceeds client expectations, generates results and opens up new opportunities for our agency.
Specifically, we’re looking for someone who …
- Has the ability and confidence to make smart decisions in real time, when managing multiple accounts at once
- Has a clear understanding of today’s marketing and communications business and a keen sense of entrepreneurship
- Can instill confidence in our clients via expertise and positive interactions, and can both grow and maintain healthy relationships with them
- Demonstrates the ability to help develop and own each client’s marketing strategy, defining what success looks like – and effectively steering projects toward that goal
- Has proven experience directing and mentoring a team of account/project managers
- Demonstrates proficient knowledge and management of financial projections
- Has excellent verbal and written communications skills, a lot of good old-fashioned common sense, a good head for business and at least a four-year degree in marketing or business
- Believes in the importance of deadlines
- Can proactively identify needs and propose new projects for each client, and expand relationships within clients’ organizations, and so organically grow our business
Experience with B2B marketing, building products, energy efficiency and/or environmental sustainability is a plus.
Do this describe you? Yes? Then send your resume and cover letter highlighting your experience and how you fit the job to Glen Vesser at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mike Twardy
- Senior Account Executive
- Jeremy Parker
- Digital Designer